Become a mission-driven, results-oriented leader.
Explore your options — classes, internships, research and study abroad. Find what interests you, discover what you love, 和 create a major experience that jumpstarts your future.
As a 管理专业, you’ll learn how to manage people and processes in different kinds of work settings — including teams distributed geographically. You’ll get a solid foundation in essential business concepts such as accounting, finance, marketing and economics. And you’ll learn how to create healthy work relationships and positive environments where employees (和 organizations) flourish.
Austin is one of the country’s fastest-growing cities and economies, and you’ll be able to choose from a wide range of internships. Plus, The Bill Munday School of Business partners with local organizations like Capital Factory 和 Impact Hub Austin that will help build your network.
Through your classes and hands-on experience, you’ll develop the problem-solving skills 和 collaborative instinct that are the hallmarks of a good leader. You’ll start your career in human resources, recruiting, nonprofit leadership, government or virtually any type of industry ready to succeed.
What do our graduates do?
管理专业s go on to a variety of careers 和 graduate schools from St. Edward’s. Here’s a sample.
- Enterprise development specialist at Canonical Ltd.
- Associate at Austin-based venture-capitalism firm Falkon Ventures
- Assistant general manager (leading a team of 85) for Marriott International
- Business development manager for Axiom
- Team lead for Indeed
- Founder of a delivery startup
More than 管理
管理专业 丹妮尔塞缪尔 ’12 creates connections and partnerships that influence an organization's growth — 和 benefit society. Read about her experiences as a Hilltopper 和 as a development manager for the Bellevue 艺术s Museum in Washington.
The Classroom 和 Beyond
As a 管理专业, you’ll expand your skills through hands-on projects 和 partnerships with the Austin community.
In Organizational Behavior and Leading Teams, students work in teams to analyze an organization, seeing organizational behavior come alive. Students recently worked with Keweenaw Mountain Lodge, a wilderness resort in Michigan, and with Austin businesses 和 nonprofits.
In Social Responsibility of Business, you’ll participate in a service activity in the community 和 write a paper about the experience. You’ll also work in a team to create a new product or service for a company that will meet a social need for an underserved community.
Delta Mu Delta is the national honor society in business administration.
Delta Sigma Pi is the coed business fraternity that is both a professional and social club. In recent semesters members have attended a panel presentation about digital marketing and a talk about real estate investment careers; traveled to a leadership conference in Kansas City, networked at a happy hour with alumni; and made s和wiches for people living on the street.
The Bill Munday School of Business has partnerships with Austin organizations that will immerse you in the city’s exciting startup culture:
- Capital Factory, an incubator, coworking space 和 event center for all things entrepreneurial
- Austin Startup Crawl, a showcase of technology and entrepreneurship at multiple downtown locations during the South by Southwest Conference 和 Festivals
- Impact Hub Austin, which offers programs blending business 和 social good
In addition, 管理 students have completed the following internships:
- Enterprise Rental Car management internship
- Human resources internship at Oasis Advantage
- Community resource internship for National Alliance on Mental Illness – Central Texas
- LIVESTRONG Foundation human resources internship
- Triple 8 管理 artist management internship
And internships at these organizations:
- The Alhambra-U.S. Chamber, located in Austin, which promotes the development of international connections for educational, diplomatic 和 business projects
- Pearl 事件 Austin, which specializes in weddings and social 和 corporate functions
- OpenStack Foundation
- Michael McCaul for Congress campaign
- 卡萨 Maria Mexican Restaurant
- Austin Parks Foundation
- Texas Governor’s Commission for Women
Major Requirements: The BBA in 管理 requires 63 hours of major coursework.
General Education Requirements: All majors require 44 hours of general education that students complete over the course of four years, in addition to their major courses.
A few examples of the 管理 courses students take:
- Human 资源 管理 – Learn the basic functions of personnel administration, including job analysis, training, recruitment, selection, employment testing, compensation management 和 performance appraisal.
- International 管理 – Examine issues related to managing global business, including how different cultures inform business operations, and learn strategies for effective communication 和 ethical conflict resolution.
- Problem Solving 和 Decision Making – Understand a problem-solving process for managing teams, making decisions, resolving conflicts, communicating with stakeholders 和 implementing plans.
Our Faculty 和 Student 支持服务
Our Management faculty are active in the business community. They are involved with professional organizations, such as the Academy of Management, American Production and Inventory Control Society, American Society for Quality, Association for Business 通讯, Institute for Supply Management 和 Project 管理 Institute.
Their research has been published in Journal of 管理, Academy of 管理 Review, International Journal of Business 通讯 和 Business 和 Professional Ethics Journal.
"I believe students learn the most when actively engaged with the course content. They can then relate theories and concepts to phenomena that interests them. I motivate students to reason logically, and together, we create an intellectual atmosphere of discussing, sharing 和 learning."
– 玛丽·邓恩, PhD, assistant professor of 管理
Along with personal attention and mentorship from their professors, our students have access to offices 和 programs outside of the classroom that support their success. We encourage students to take advantage of these resources that help them excel:
- Academic counseling 和 advising
- Supplemental instruction 和 tutoring
- Career preparation 和 advising
- Writing Center consultation
- Health 和 wellness counseling
- Student disability support
Students from any major at St. Edward's University can minor in 管理 to gain skills in organizational leadership 和 effective decision-making.
- BUSI 1301 – Introduction to Business
- MGMT 3332 – Human 资源 管理
- MGMT 3338 – International 管理
- MGMT 4343 – Problem Solving 和 Decision Making
Electives (Choose 2):
- BUSI 3328 – Social Responsibility of Business
- BUSI 3330 – Business 通讯
- MGMT 3334 – Organizational Behavior / Leading Teams 和 Organizations
- MGMT 3322 – Social Enterprise
- MGMT 3324 – The 艺术 和 Science of Negotiation
- MGMT 3326 – Project 管理
- MGMT 3399 – Special Topics in 管理
- ENTR 2301 – Introduction to 创业
For Bill Munday School of Business majors who minor in 管理, only BUSI 1301 (Introduction to Business) can count for both the major 和 the minor.
Are you a current student? 联系 your advisor for next steps on declaring your major or minor.